Open NetSim and Select Examples -> Mobile Adhoc Networks -> ZRP IERP then click on the tile in the middle panel to load the example as shown in below screenshot
The following network diagram illustrates, what the NetSim UI displays when you open the example configuration file see below Figure
Settings done in the Network#
- Grid length: 500m*500m.
- A network scenario is designed in NetSim GUI comprising of 12 Wireless Nodes and one ad-hoc link in the “Mobile Adhoc Network” Network Library.
- In the General Properties set mobility Model as NO MOBILITY for all devices present in GUI.
- The Medium Access Protocol was set to DCF in INTERFACE_1(WIRELESS)-> Datalink layer of all Wireless Nodes
- Configure CBR application from Wireless Nodes 1 to Wireless Nodes 12 with Transport Protocol to UDP in Application Properties
- Channel characteristics: Path loss only, Path loss model: Log Distance, Path loss exponent: 3.5.
- Set ZRP routing protocol under network layer properties in all nodes.
- Enable Packet Trace.
- In NetSim GUI Plots are Enabled.
- Run simulation for 10 seconds.
Open Packet trace and filter Control_Packet_Type/App_Name to IERP_Route_Request
In the above figure, Node-1 is sending IERP_Route_Request packets to its peripheral nodes 8, 9,10 and 11 since the destination is not present in Node1’s zone. Similarly, Node 1 transmits IERP_Route_Request packets to Node 2. Node 2 sends IERP_Route_Reply packet in response to the IERP_Route_Request. And the data packet routes through Node 1->Node 6->Node 8->Node 12. This can be observed in Packet animation also as shown in above Figures