Steps at Destination PC#
- Follow steps as provided before in “Emulation Set-up: Setting up the NetSim Client”.
Run FileZilla Server software. Create a group by going to Edit → Groups → Select “General” under Page: → Click Add in Groups → Give Any Name (Ex: Admin) and click ok.
- Go to Edit → User → General → Click Add in User → Give Any Name (Ex: User1) and Select Group what you given in Group Setting (In this case, we provide “Admin”) and click ok.
- In Account Setting, select Enable account and set password and click ok.
- Go to Shared folder → Add Folder to share (EX: FTP_FILES from Desktop) → Select all the Files and Directories Permissions and set that folder as Home Directory by selecting “Set as Home Dir”. Click OK
Steps at Source PC#
Follow steps as provided before in “Emulation Set-up: Setting up the NetSim Client”. Run FileZilla Client software. Enter the Host Name(Server System ip (EX: 192.168.0.133)) and Give the User, Password that we created in Server side and give Port No = 21. Run Emulation server and click Quick Connect. Drag and drop files from Local Site to Remote Site
Steps at NetSim Emulation Server#
- Run NetSim in Administrative Mode and create a basic network Scenario in any stack-based protocol (Any network except Legacy Networks, Cellular Networks, and Wireless Sensor Networks) in NetSim. A sample scenario in Internetworks is performed as shown with link speed set to 1 Mbps.
- Provide the Simulation Time as how long you want the Emulation to be performed. Make sure client system(s) are ready and then click Run Simulation.
Transfer speed from client without emulation
Transfer speed from client with emulation: