Open NetSim and Select Examples->Mobile Adhoc Networks->ZRP IARP then click on the tile in the middle panel to load the example as shown in below screenshot
The following network diagram illustrates, what the NetSim UI displays when you open the example configuration file see below Figure
Settings done in the Network#
- Grid length: 500m*500m.
- A network scenario is designed in NetSim GUI comprising of 5 Wireless Nodes and one ad-hoc link in the “Mobile Adhoc Network” Network Library.
- In the General Properties set mobility Model as NO MOBILITY for all devices present in GUI.
- The Medium Access Protocol was set to DCF in INTERFACE_1(WIRELESS)-> Datalink layer of all Wireless Nodes
- Configure CBR application from Wireless Nodes 1 to Wireless Nodes 2 with Transport Protocol to UDP in Application Properties
- Channel characteristics: Path loss only, Path loss model: Log Distance, Path loss exponent: 3.
- Set ZRP routing protocol under network layer properties in all nodes.
- Enable Packet Trace.
- In NetSim GUI Plots are Enabled.
- Run simulation for 10 seconds.
Open Packet trace and observe Control_Packet_Type App_Name
Users can see only NDP_Hello_Message since the destination node is within the zone. The ZRP framework proactively maintains local routing information (routing zones) based on periodic exchanges of neighbor discovery messages.