Do you wish to accelerate network R&D and reduce your time-to-publish? NetSim Standard is smartly packaged for Network R&D at universities and comes loaded with almost all the features of NetSim Pro.
Netsim Standard is available as technology libraries from which users can choose and assemble.
It comes with source C code and allows users to:
- Design new protocols and technologies, as well as evaluate changes to existing ones.
- Test and demonstrate designs in realistic scenarios.
- Optimize protocol and application performance.
- Study the effect of real devices and transmit live traffic using NetSim Emulator. Emulator combines the real and virtual worlds to create scenarios that cannot be achieved in a lab environment
8 Reasons Why You Need NetSim
|#||NetSim Standard Version||Open Source Simulators|
|1.||Easy to use GUI allows users to simply drag and drop devices, links and applications||Write hundreds of lines of script code to create network scenarios|
|2.||Results dashboard provides appealing simulation performance reports with tables & graphs||Analyse and write code to extract performance results from multi megabyte files|
|3.||Inbuilt graphing with extensive formatting (axes, colours, zoom, titles etc)||Write programs on external tools for graphs|
|4.||Wide range of technologies including the latest in IOT, WSN, MANET, Cognitive Radio, 802.11 n / ac, TCP, BIC / CUBIC, Rate adaptation with packet and event tracing||Limited technologies|
|5.||R & D projects available with source C code and documentation to easily develop / improve on||Read through thousands of lines of C++ codes to figure out what to modify to do your research|
|6.||Online debug capability and ability to "watch" all
Run animation in parallel for immediate visual feedback
|Code tens of printf statements to debug your code|
|7.||External interfaces to external software like MATLAB®, SUMO and Wireshark||Spend many days researching how to link to external software|
|8.||Researchers trust NetSim for simulating MANET radios, emulating huge distribution networks or simply presenting a report to management. A team of NetSim engineers continuously verify NetSim results through hundreds of tests every day.||Unsure of the quality of the build / patch you have used and if the results are even valid at the end|
Featured Research Areas
Examples of Research Areas Using NetSim
- 5G NR: End to End simulation of 5G NR, Radio numerology and impact on latency, Channel models for FR1 and FR2
- Internet of Things - IOT Security, Energy management and sustainable operation, 6LOWPAN based IOT Design, RPL protocol in IOT - attacks in RPL, DODAG formation
- Wireless Sensor Networks Energy efficient, Routing, Clustering, LEACH, Localization
- Cognitive Radio Networks: Spectrum sensing and incumbent detection, Spectrum allocation, Interference analysis, spectrum usage
- Mobile Adhoc Networks:Location based, power aware routing, Sink hole attack, Intrusion Detection system
- VANETs v2v and v2i communication, Mobility models and connectivity, Clustering and routing
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) SDN for Wired / Wireless / MANETs and VANETs, Performance evaluation, SDN based traffic engineering and QoS
Developing algorithms in NetSim is 10 times faster than developing in Open source tools. We need to try out different network scenarios, filter and plot output data, batch run simulations, interface with external tools and perform numerous other tasks. In NetSim, these features are all integrated, robust and commercially validated.
Dr. Shankar Sriram,
Saastra University, India
Q. Can our university students work on NetSim from home?Ans:
- To run NetSim on their personal computers (PC/Laptop) students would need to check out licenses from the license server. This requires continuous network connectivity with the licenses server. This connectivity can be wired or wireless. A simple test for connectivity is the ability to ping. Therefore students can run NetSim on their laptops as long as they can ping the licenses server. In general, this should be possible as long as the student is on the campus.
- If students want to access from their residence this can be done by enabling VPN in the license server (requires software such as open VPN). Please check for details on setting this up.
- There is no limit/restrictions in terms of software installations. Any number of software installs can be done. The number of machines that can simultaneously use NetSim is limited by the number of licenses you purchase.
- Search our Q & A forum and FAQs for your question at https://support.tetcos.com
- An A-Z list of all research areas of R & D projects with source C code and documentation is available at File Exchange
- Check out our product brochure
Please write to us at sales(at)tetcos(dot)com