NetSim Standard Version Features
All the features of the Academic Version are included in the Standard Version, including the easy to use GUI and simple stand alone installation PLUS
(For Industry and Defence customers we provide additional Professional Services)
Project work & Research
- NetSim is designed to let you spend your time on building and de-bugging your code / algorithm rather than learning how to use the software.
- Enables long duration projects to be carried out as part of UG/PG term project or Research.
- C source codes provided for protocol primitive functions for different protocols.
- Sample projects based on IEEE papers are provided with the documentation.
- NetSim's development environment and primitive API's are designed for users to write their codes in C. Users need not learn scripting languages, C ++, Java etc
Examples of C Primitive libraries available in Wireless Sensor Networks
- 802.15.4 PHY: Change radio state, Received power calculation, Shadow Loss, Path Loss Error, Bit Error Rate, Channel Formation, Clear Channel Assessment, SINR Calculation
- 802.15.4 MAC: Locate back-off boundary, Super Frame, Beacon mode, Back-off Calculation, GTS, Unslotted CSMA / CA, Slotted CSMA / CA
- L3 Routing: Route Request, Route Reply, Route Error, Add to Buffer
- Agent Model: Agent Mobility, Sensor Event, Sensor Data Collection
Custom Protocol Implementation in NetSim
- NetSim Standard version provides users with two options to code, link and debug custom protocols. The Project Framework is an easy-to-use interface that allows users to focus on developing new algorithms while the NetSim Dev-Kit allows experts to blend custom code with the simulation infrastructure.
- NetSim's project framework UI serves as simplifying layer over the underlying protocol source code. It raises the level of abstraction enabling users to focus on the protocol source code and eliminating the need to manage the rest of the code infrastructure. Code linking, interfaces, config files, statistics etc will be automatically handled by NetSim per predefined settings.
- NetSim development kit provides sophisticated users with source C code, libraries, resource files, config xml files and features MSVC based debugging and documentation. With this users can create custom protocols, extend existing algorithms, interface with other software products, modify output statistics, log debug information and much more.
- Learn protocol internals: Window size variation in TCP, Route Table Formation in OSPF, Medium Access in Wi-fi, etc, are examples of protocol functionalities that can be easily understood from the trace.
- Log chosen parameters: NetSim's trace option features a checkbox based filter where users can select only those packet / event level parameters / information which they want to log.
- Import easily into spread sheets: Tab ordering enables the trace data to be imported into spreadsheets programs such as excel with ease for statistical analysis. Further, the events / packets are printed per line and have a unique ID and time stamp. This enables users to quickly write custom scripts to parse, inspect, plot and analyze protocol parameters
- Debug custom protocol implementations: Users need diagnostics that can catch logical errors without having to set a lot of breakpoints or restarting the program often. A host of information is available in the trace files
- Extensive help documentation containing synopsis, basics, reference / bibliography and test case for user code verification.