Benefits of using NetSim
Beyond the Lab - enhancing the learning experience
- My students do not have much time - can I give my students a quick but comprehensive understanding of different protocols and their performances?
- Modeling in NetSim is simple and user friendly - using drag and drop functionality and vendor neutral devices. Application modeling is straightforward without having to know complex application attributes.
- Performance metrics are provided at Network, Sub Network, Link by Link and packet level enabling students to work at different levels of detail.
- NetSim has a built in analysis framework. This provides for intra and inter protocol performance comparison with graphing options.
- How can my teaching be more effective?
- NetSim comes with over 300 animations for visualization of networking principles for use as classroom teaching aid.
- This "basics" module can also be used for "self learning" by the students
- How do I teach my student network programming, like the kinds used in the Industry?
- NetSim contains numerous exercises in network programming ranging from addressing to scheduling to cryptography
- The programming exercises are in C / C ++ and Java and methodology with full source code is provided
- The programming exercises have been designed keeping in mind industry skill set requirement, latest trends and difficulty level.
- What about real time analysis?
- NetSim has a built in real time analysis tool called Netpatrol.
- Data can be captured "off the wire" and "off the air"
- Supports over 25 protocols including Ethernet, IP, TCP, ARP, RARP, UDP, ICMP etc
- How does the packet trace help?
- Packet trace enables detailed understanding and analysis.
- It tells you everything about how the network evolved over time including trace routes, retransmissions, errors, protocols over heads, queuing delays etc.
- What are its management features?
NetSim has several useful management features, some of them are
- Hierarchical control for Admin and Student
- Individualized user names and Passwords
- Exam mode – for conducting Lab exams
- How long does it take to familiarize with NetSim?
Extensive documentation and help enable Users
- To start using NetSim in less than an hour
- To understand 90% of the features in less than a week
- What about support?
- Free e-mail support is provided along with NetSim.