NetSim Academic Version Features
The Academic Ver offers a host of compelling features for everyone from professors to students to corporate trainers.
- Aloha, Slotted Aloha
- Ethernet, Switching
- Token Ring, Token Bus
- Wireless – 802.11 a / b / g
- Routing – RIP, OSPF, BGP
- Transmission Control Protocol – Old Tahoe, Tahoe
- User Datagram Protocol
- X.25 , Frame Relay
- MANET with DSR
- Wi Max
- GSM & CDMA
- Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
- Inter and Intra protocol comparison
- Graphing and Export to Spread Sheets
Programming in C / C ++ / Java
Network programming is a key skill that enhances student's "employability". Apart from simulation, NetSim features a separate "Programming" menu to help students build skills in these basic mechanisms of computer networking.
- Graphical Representation: Features a custom built UI, for each exercise. This custom UI explains the working of the technology with animation per code progress. When the user links his or her code then the graphs change per the output of the user's code.
- Breadth of Techniques: Covers over 45 exercises including, Assignment of Sites, ARP, CIDR, Cryptography, Distance Vector Routing, Error Detection and correction Codes, Framing Sequence, Socket Programming, Shortest Path Algorithms, Spanning Tree, Transmission Flow Control
- Algorithm, Flow Chart, Pseudo Code & Source Code:Enables the student to get familiar with software design principles, interface guidelines and implementing network programs. They provide a step-by-step understanding of network programming. Provided along with all exercises are working C source code for the faculty. a) The Codes are standard C and compile with GCC b) Programs contain standard API's and code separation into source and header files and c) I/O interface via text files
- De-bugging: Simplifies de-bugging as users can link their code to NetSim using "Attach to process" and passing NetSim's install path and windows temp folder as command line arguments. Then users can add break points in their code and proceed with de-bug with step-in, step-out, step-through etc
- Practice Mode and Exam Mode: Facilitates easy assessment since professors, can create user accounts for each student, and set them in practice mode or exam mode. Practice mode corresponds to regular lab sessions and where supporting help is available for a smooth learning curve. In exam mode all help is turned off and NetSim can be used as an assessment tool to check if user code is correct.
- Over 300 2D animations
- Play and Pause
- Real Life analogies
- Hierarchical control with Admin at the top
- Individual user names and passwords
- Exam mode for testing
Licenses starting from 10 Users, Volume discounts available with increased number of licenses.
NetSim brings the power of simulation right to your desktop. Combine this with real time packet capture, network programming and animated basics, and you have the ideal lab experimentation /
teaching / training software.
NetSim Academic Ver with Tetcos LAN Trainer forms a powerful combination for your UG network lab
infrastructure - hundreds of our customers have done so. But don't take our word for it – see who
our customers are and what they say.
View a sample curriculum that you can adopt at your university.